After the success of my first Vogue 8379, I decided to make another.
I made a couple of minor changes this time. I went with the short sleeve version, and then shortened the sleeves an extra couple of inches. I also lengthened the bodice by 1/2″. On my last dress, I thought the length was okay. But after wearing it a few times, I decided it would be more comfortable if it was longer. I was right, now the ties rest in a more natural spot.
The fabric is an ITY knit that I ordered online a long time ago. It sat in my stash because I wasn’t sure about the print. It’s a brighter fabric than I normally choose. But I think it pairs nicely with this pattern.
I’m particularly happy with how I got the colors to match up along the wrap side.
And no gaping, yay!
Here’s the inside.
I omitted the facings again. (I just turned the seam allowances under and top stitched them down.)
I wanted to make sure the ties were securely attached, so I stitched around in a rectangle. (Last time I only had one line of stitching holding the ties on and they feel a bit wobbly. I need to go back and reinforce them.)
I’m also happy to report that I did a better job finishing the seam with the tie opening this time around. 🙂
I seriously could make several more of these dresses (and maybe I will)!