Well, I took an unexpected blogging break, but I’m back! And I finally have a finished project I can share. (I’ve been doing some secret sewing too – more on that soon.) But I’ll warn you, this make is kind of boring – it’s exactly the same as my last dress (Simplicity 1808, view A).
I’ve been spending most of my weekends working on my house, so I wanted a quick and easy project that I didn’t have to think too much about.
This time around, I used an ITY knit that I got at Mood LA earlier this year. I love that it’s spotty, without being a traditional uniform polka dot.
This knit is a bit slinkier than the knit I used last time, so the neck band was a little harder to sew. The fabric below the “V” at the back turned out puckery. Sadly, no amount of pressing has fixed it. 🙂
Last time, I left the sleeves un-hemmed. This time, I turned the hems under and fused them with some Steam-A-Seam. It worked great.
In fact, I cheated and did the same thing to my hem. I was going to use my double needle on the hem, but the fabric kept puckering and getting wavey. So I just fused it. 🙂 Hope it will hold up in the wash.
I think the dots ended up blending pretty well along the back seam, especially since I didn’t even try to match the pattern.
Nothing fancy on the inside. I do love that you don’t have to finish seams on knits though!