Do you ever get stuck trying to decide what your next project should be, and then find yourself not sewing anything? It happens to me from time to time. I’ve found the best solution is to turn to a pattern I’ve made before.
This time, I broke the chains of my indecision by making anotherEmery dress.
Before I tell you about the dress, I have to point out the location of these photos – I’m inside my nearly completed new sewing room. So exciting!
Anyway, for this version, I used a rayon challis in a busy print. Because the fabric is so drapey, the skirt lies pretty flat around the waist, despite all the gathers.
I added the short sleeves, but left off the bow and collar. I figured those details would get lost in the print.
My invisible zipper turned out invisible again too! Love it when that happens. I thought about trying to match the print, but decided to skip it and save myself the headache.
I’ve been thinking of doing this for a while and I don’t know why I waited so long. It’s super simple. Just a couple rectangles of Bemberg rayon and some fold over elastic. I did french seams so it would be smooth inside and out.
And finally, here’s a peak at the outside of shedquarters. It’s so close to being done! Unfortunately, the mister and I have both been sidelined by injuries, so we haven’t been up for the last bit of physical labor to finish this project. Soon though!