This was my first finished project of 2013. It’s a modified version of the Colette Sorbetto.
I actually finished this on January 2nd, and intended to post about it before now. At least I got to it before January ended! (A sick dog, busy work schedule, and cloudy days do not make for good blogging. I’m hoping February lightens up, literally.)
The fabric is a light-weight 100% cotton that I purchased from the same shop where I got the fabric for my Peony. I picked it up for the pocket linings on my Thurlow trousers. (Yes, my Thurlows are still a work in progress. I haven’t given up on them, I just keep getting side tracked.) I had just enough left over to squeeze out this top.
I modified the pattern by eliminating the bust darts and adding four small pleats to the neckline. It was a simple change, done through dart manipulation. (I could do a separate post on exactly what I did, if anyone is interested.) I also removed the front pleat and added about 2 inches to the length. And I made the bias tape from the fabric. This takes longer than using the store bought stuff, but in my opinion, is totally worth it.
I’m happy with this little top. It’s comfy and was a quick and easy make!