I finished my floral Sorbetto, and I did it in time to wear for Me-Made-May!
This was a quick little project. Love that about the Sorbetto. I had originally planned to use some lavender purchased bias tape, but didn’t like how it looked. So I made my own out of the main fabric. Here’s a closer look at it:
For this, I finally broke down and got a bias tape maker. I’m happy with my little investment. It made making the bias tape so much easier.
P.S. If you go looking for one of these at Joanne’s, look around the quilting notions. The store near me doesn’t stock these with the sewing notions. Actually, I’ve found that most of the cool notions are with the quilting stuff, go figure!
This is the third Sorbetto I’ve made. I think I got the fit just right this time around. I lowered the darts, made the armholes a little bigger, and added about 2 inches in length. The top is nice and comfy. The swiss dot fabric is soft and lightweight, and I really like the texture the little dots add. I can definitely see more swiss dot in my future.